Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Swinging mood


kempty falls at Mussoorie


I guess I have been conspicuous by my absence of late after my short presence in the blogosphere. I am very much alive and kicking, to inform my well-wishers. But being alive has not been a cake walk all these days. Soaring mercury, bouts of sickness and constant mood- swings have been dominating my life lately. It’s too arid and hot back home and I am missing aamchi mumbai terribly. Same with all my friends as shown by their status messages on social networking sites. No doubt, it’s humid there and one keeps sweating endlessly but one is spared of the hot winds at least that keep one grounded at home. It’s really unbearable.

On top of that, the boredom that grips one at home after a certain period of time makes matters worse. Being lukhkha is not the most pleasant state to be in. What an irony life is! You crave for a few moments of solitude in the hustle-bustle of life and when you have all the time in the world to yourself, you actually hate it! Everyone seems to be missing campus life and home -made food seems to be the only attractive prospect to keep us at our homes.

And to top it all, my mood swings….! They just come out of nowhere and make my life hell. I am a different person altogether who is so much a stranger to me. I become extremely irritable and sulk all day long. Thankfully, I can blame the virus that my body played host to this time. Maybe the viral fever did it all, maybe the hot climate. Everyone thought that the trip to Dehradun-Mussoorie would be a respite but I played a spoilsport even there. Ask me what I enjoyed and I will have to rack my grey cells. But I can give you a list of things and people who got on my nerves throughout the trip. Gawd… I am scared of myself! Whatever, I am trying hard to keep my blues at bay and looking forward to getting back to the Maximum City.

No comments:

Post a Comment